This site is for you and by you, and your support is essential to keep it going. Please Click here.
* (16 April 2018) You gotta love how creative those scumbags are; instead of putting up suspiciously low prices, they lure the victims with a huge discount code on the entire order CLICK. I continue to update and expand the list of fraudulent shops. Please share THIS LIST as much as you can to protect others, and report any suspicious sites to me.
* (12 April 2018) New material coming before May. It's going to cover a lot of ground.
* (22 March 2018) Penn has just announced that they started putting a ball bearing instead of a bushing inside the line roller of the Slammer III reels. Click Here. It's the same movie we've seen countless times- I tested the reels, found the bushing to be problematic, gave the reels a thumbs down here & here, every idiot and shill attacked me, but eventually the manufacturer does what I suggested should be done. I do not bash products for fun, and whenever I do this it's to give you a better product. You've seen it happen many times yet some still think I'm "picky" or "unfair" or whatever. Anyway, with the new design the reel might actually be among my favourites, but it will take some time until I get to test the new upgraded version and give it a proper placement. Thanks to Penn for improving the reel, and a bigger thanks to you fishos because when you respond to my advice you make manufacturers act.
* (6 March 2018) The first addition to the Black List in years; I used to like the quality of Peerless Bam reels in the past, today I have no option but to put their modern reels on that list.
* (14 January 2018) A new article has been posted. Find it in the BLOG section.
* (19 December 2017) A few weeks ago I posted a worldwide exclusive leak that a new freshwater Stella was coming in 2018, the technology of which to be partially used for the next SW model (check December 4th update below). Here is your first look CLICK. I am closely following the development of the future SW, and will tell you things when I think it's prudent to do so.
* (4 December 2017) Finally managed to get a leak! There is NO new Stella SW in 2018, but there is a new freshwater Stella whose technology and features will partially be the base for the next SW model.
* (29 November 2017) The "Star Fishing Tackle" S7000 & S8000 reels have rubbish advertised drag figures. They claim 28lbs for the 7000 and 25lbs for the 8000, in reality the 7000 does 18.7lbs, and the 8000 does 17.5lbs. Figured it weeks ago but needed time to examine several pieces before I post. Full evaluation later, this is just a quick heads up. As usual be wary of efforts to prove otherwise.
* (17 November 2017) Daiwa put up a graphic that puts a mag-sealed bearing in the 2016 BG. CLICK. It's most likely an innocent mistake, but thought I should mention it to prevent confusion since it's on the main page of their site. The BG does not have any mag-seals, bearings or otherwise.