This site is for you and by you, and your support is essential to keep it going. Please Click here.
* (14 January 2018) A new article has been posted. Find it in the BLOG section.
* (19 December 2017) A few weeks ago I posted a worldwide exclusive leak that a new freshwater Stella was coming in 2018, the technology of which to be partially used for the next SW model (check December 4th update below). Here is your first look CLICK. I am closely following the development of the future SW, and will tell you things when I think it's prudent to do so.
* (December 2017) Time really flies, doesn't it? 2017 is over, and comes that time of the year when many emails are from people asking whether to buy a Stella, a Saltiga, or a Makaira as a present for a family member, leaving me wondering why I don't have relatives who gift high end gear? Last year the best present I got from family was a suspicious looking wine bottle that had no label or brand, except for a logo depicting what looked like a big rat! Anyway, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2018, and don't forget to tell your family that you love them, and do acts of kindness :)
* (4 December 2017) Finally managed to get a leak! There is NO new Stella SW in 2018, but there is a new freshwater Stella whose technology and features will partially be the base for the next SW model.
* (29 November 2017) The "Star Fishing Tackle" S7000 & S8000 reels have rubbish advertised drag figures. They claim 28lbs for the 7000 and 25lbs for the 8000, in reality the 7000 does 18.7lbs, and the 8000 does 17.5lbs. Figured it weeks ago but needed time to examine several pieces before I post. Full evaluation later, this is just a quick heads up. As usual be wary of efforts to prove otherwise.
* (17 November 2017) Daiwa put up a graphic that puts a mag-sealed bearing in the 2016 BG. CLICK. It's most likely an innocent mistake, but thought I should mention it to prevent confusion since it's on the main page of their site. The BG does not have any mag-seals, bearings or otherwise.
* (4 November 2017) If you come across one of the fake tackle shops, don't just avoid it. Send me the link as well so I can add it to the list and warn others. There is no way for me to scan the entire internet for them, so your help is needed.