This site is for you and by you, and your support is needed to keep it runningClick Here
* (19 February 2020)A new article has been posted. Find it in the Blog section, and hope you enjoy it.
* (8 February 2020) Hey Spanish fishos! Will spend about 11 days between Barcelona and Blanes beginning last week of April. If you're based there (or about) and can take me fishing for bluefin on your boat, please get in touch. My schedule is semi flexible and will work it around your availability. Will share costs of fuel, drinks are on me, and you'll get to play with some very interesting reels and give me feedback & impressions. Even if you don't speak English that well please don't let that stop you. With little help from online translators on the phone I've met people and spent great time without speaking a word of English. Thank you! (Update 11Feb) Got someone. Appreciate your kind offers. Special thanks to Erik Ouwens of Chasing-Blue Fishing, Gabriel Ruiz, and Alex Navarro. You are all so generous!
* (28 January 2020) Important- If you email me and don't hear back please check your bulk/spam folders. I answer every single email, but due to the number of messages I send daily some spam detectors might be triggered. Also AT&T email accounts never receive my replies. Please do not use AT&T email addresses when you contact me.
* (15 January 2020) More answers to your questions; the bigger Stella SW-C reels do have a backup anti-reverse, so it's basically like the Saragosa SW where only the big ones have it. The clutch of these big Stellas SW-C (18k/20k/30k) is the same externally mounted plastic-housed one seen in the review of the 14000. Note- Due to spike in messages please allow up to 48 hours for a reply. Appreciate your patience
* (15 January 2020) Again answering the more frequent questions to reduce email volume. The conversion from previous Saltiga sizing to new goes roughyl like this; 4500 = 8000 ; 5000 = 10000 ; 5500 (Exp) = 14000 ; 6500 = 18000 ; 8000 (Exp, DF) = 20000.
* (8 January 2020) Followup to the December 28th teaser below - Remember this announcement from June? CLICK . Well, the 2020 Saltiga is here, and will appear in Yokohama show this month then in ICAST in July. This time I have an existing familiarity with the reel, so I can tell you it's revolutionary instead of evolutionary. New unprecedented concepts in sealing, materials, gearing power, drag, and corrosion resistance. Most significantly, the reel was extensively tested by people who actually have knowledge and can point issues and improvements. Numbers and basic information are being released, and as usual expect a review after thorough testing in real life, then finally the "What Reel 2020" will be posted. Now you know why I postponed it time after time.
* (28 December 2019) IMPORTANT releases coming in Yokohama Fishing Show January 17th, and I should give you exciting information over the next days. I'll be more responsible this year with my timing! Check this page once a day over the next couple of weeks.