This site is for you and by you, and your support is needed to keep it runningClick Here
* (21 May 2020) We will get through this folks. I remain optimistic that at one point or another life will be back to normal, will catch up with whatever I missed out on during the disruption, and once more you'll be reading silly tackle rants where I call people idiots and frauds and whine about my unrequited love of Ms. Watts... Be safe, be strong, and we'll get there no matter how long it takes.
* (18 April 2020) This email came today CLICK. With my Spring trips cancelled and no hope of meaningful fishing before Summer, I had decided to drop by the show so I'd have something to write about. I registered and booked flights fully believing things would go back to normal before mid July, but I was sadly mistaken and the show was called off. Maybe I should just turn this into a cooking site, or go undercover to find if that witch had ordered large quantities of sardine oil before her husband disappeared then write an exposť! How depressing...
* (19 March 2020) Surprise! So, almost a month ago Daiwa released this statement saying that the 2020 Saltiga was being delayed due to the outbreak. A couple of weeks ago a Japanese dealer friend told me he was quoted May/June release. Yet yesterday some shops in Japan started receiving their allocated reels, and anglers who booked early started picking them up CLICK. These are actual production retail reels, not samples. I'm still waiting to hear what exactly happened, but early information indicate that they decided to change the suppliers of some small parts that originally came from China such as springs, spacers, and pins. Anyway, they're out now and hopefully they'll reach export markets on original schedule.
* (19 February 2020) A new article has been posted. Find it in the Blog section, and hope you enjoy it.
* (8 February 2020) Hey Spanish fishos! Will spend about 11 days between Barcelona and Blanes beginning last week of April. If you're based there (or about) and can take me fishing for bluefin on your boat, please get in touch. My schedule is semi flexible and will work it around your availability. Will share costs of fuel, drinks are on me, and you'll get to play with some very interesting reels and give me feedback & impressions. Even if you don't speak English that well please don't let that stop you. With little help from online translators on the phone I've met people and spent great time without speaking a word of English. Thank you! (Update 11Feb) Got someone. Appreciate your kind offers. Special thanks to Erik Ouwens of Chasing-Blue Fishing, Gabriel Ruiz, and Alex Navarro. You are all so generous!
* (15 January 2020) More answers to your questions; the bigger Stella SW-C reels do have a backup anti-reverse, so it's basically like the Saragosa SW where only the big ones have it. The clutch of these big Stellas SW-C (18k/20k/30k) is the same externally mounted plastic-housed one seen in the review of the 14000. Note- Due to spike in messages please allow up to 48 hours for a reply. Appreciate your patience.